How can I apply for a place at the school?

You can apply for a place by filling in the application form in the Admissions section of this website. You should hand it in at the Secretary’s Office or send it to info@laudealtillo.com

You can also contact us by calling 956 302 400 to arrange an appointment with Pilar Vergara, Head of Admissions and Marketing. If the student applies for a place in Primary, Secondary or Baccalaureate, the school will contact you for an interview with the student.

The documents listed below must be submitted to the Secretary, along with the enrolment fee, to complete the enrolment process.

What documents do I need to complete the enrolment?

  • Registration form, medical form, means of payment, permissions and enrolment file.
  • General conditions
  • Photocopy of ID card or passport of the student’s father and mother or legal guardian.
  • Photocopy of the libro de familia (page with the student) or student ID card.
  • 2 passport size photographs
  • Confirmation of payment of the enrolment fee and deposit.
  • Photocopy of the latest examinations and previous course report
  • Certificate of transfer from previous school.


Once you have requested a place, we will arrange a visit during which the  Head of Admissions will provide information and explain the fees for the coming school year.

Are there any other mandatory services?

The classes are the only mandatory item. Other services such as canteen, transport, morning supervision or extra-curricular activities are optional.

Why choose LAUDE El Altillo School?

Laude El Altillo School is the only private school in Jerez that covers all school stages from Early Years to the end of Baccalaureate. It is a fully consolidated school that has achieved the best results for Selectivity or the official Cambridge or Trinity exams for many years.

What is the difference between a bilingual and a British school?

In Spain, a bilingual school is one which has a large proportion of subjects taught in English. Most of these, however, only offer between 6 and 10 hours of classes per week in English. LAUDE El Altillo School is a genuinely trilingual school because between 80 to 100% of its Early Years classes are taught in foreign languages.

A bilingual school is not the same as a British school. These follow the British National Curriculum to earn official British qualifications.

Is LAUDE El Altillo School bilingual or British?

LAUDE El Altillo School is trilingual, which means that a significant number of subjects in the Spanish curriculum are taught entirely in English and French. This means that the students will have a high level of English and French but will in no way prevent them from studying at a Spanish university. We have begun the process of offering dual Spanish and international qualifications.

LAUDE El Altillo School belongs to the British multinational group ISP (International Schools Partnership).

How trilingual will students be when they reach the 2nd year of Baccalaureate?

LAUDE El Altillo School has firmly decided to use three languages and it aims to ensure that students can communicate fluently in English (level C1-C2) and French (level B2-C1) when they finish their 2nd year of Baccalaureate.

When is English introduced?

All classes at ages 1 and 2 are given in English.

At ages 3, 4 and 5, 80% of the classes are in English.

In Year 5 and Primary education, 70% of the classes are in English.

70% of classes are in English or French in Secondary.

Baccalaureate 10% English

When is the third language introduced?

Children will have 1 hour of French between the age of 5 to 4th of Primary. They will have 2 hours of French per week from 5th of Primary to 4th of Secondary.

When are children taught about new technologies?

They are constantly in contact with new technology from day one. All classes have interactive whiteboards and use iPads. Children have IT classes from the age of 4 and part of their maths course teaches them about programming.  The school also has many sessions and workshops on programming, digital journalism, audiovisual editing, design, etc. in break time, when students can put what they have learned into practice.

At what ages can my child enter?

We have classes for 1 to 3 year olds.

Is potty training required for enrolment in the school?

No, we have auxiliaries who take care of the needs of our youngest pupils.

Where can I buy a uniform?

The college has a uniform shop on the premises.

Does the school have its own kitchen?

Yes, and the food is prepared in the school kitchen. Our menus are carefully planned by the school doctor, Dr Inmaculada Mellado to ensure our pupils have a balanced, healthy diet.

Can I ask for adapted menus?

Yes, students with allergies, intolerances or sensitivity to gluten who require a special diet must inform us so we can offer them a menu adapted to their needs.

When will they get swimming classes?

At the age of 5.

Are there extra-curricular activities?

Yes, the school has a wide range of extra-curricular activities from the age of 3.